Friday, April 4, 2014

Life of a Teacher

                                   

Who among you out there can relate to this quote?
It had been a long week for me and my colleagues. Our to-do list is endless with deadlines and paper works. We start our morning putting our things away, then pop some blush on and apply lipstick like a pro in just a sec, welcome the kids and their parents, have a short chit-chat, back to the computer and check the daily plan, prepare all the materials, get ready for the morning circle, and then go along the motion of the class. In few hours you wouldn't realize that it's time for lunch and yet there are still many things to be done like monthly progress reports, lesson plan update or revision, Common Core Checklist, taskboard activities, collecting materials for arts and craft, newsletter, assessing new incoming students, replying to parents' emails, put up some decoration for birthday parties in the class, photocopying and the like. It's not a time for dilly-dally. 
And suddenly you realized it's time to stuff yourself and the afternoon class will soon to start and you have to finish your lunch the soonest you can. After brushing your teeth, the kids are awake ready for the afternoon roll. Our afternoon usually runs like this, journal, guided reading, music, dance, arts and craft, Science experiment..and boom.snack time and get ready to go home. As parents come to pick up  their little ones, I run again in front of my computer to get everything done and ready for the next day.
However, with all of the busyness and deadline I have to catch up, I am loving it. Loving it so much that at times when my list has ended and there's nothing left for me to do...I say to myself "Hmmmmm...what can I do now?" putting on my sneaky eyes as I walk around my classroom.:)
But the best thing to end the day is to receive a surprise hug from your students saying..."I love you Ms. Alpha!"


3 comments:

  1. Hi there! Your blog is so cute! Love everything I see. I have nominated your blog for the Liebster Award for new bloggers. :) Check out my blog kindergartenalphabetsoup.blogspot.com for the details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Gee, I'm blushing.:) I have checked your blog site and yes...I am your follower now:) happy sharing:)

      Delete
  2. I forgot to tell you the rules!!
    1. Link my blog as the one who nominated you. :)
    2. Answer the same 11 questions found in my post about the Liebster award.
    3. Include 11 random facts about yourself
    4. Nominate 5 other blogs (with less than 200 followers) for the award! :)

    ReplyDelete