Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Adjectives

Adjectives


We are studying adjectives this week and my students are enjoying every bit of it more than I do. None of these ideas are my original. I am sharing my  favorite ways to teach adjectives using our curriculum and the anchor chart I have browsed from Pinterest.  
 Here is the anchor chart we use to fully grasp what Adjectives are. I find it very helpful for and my students. During our writing workshop, my students use the anchor chart to aid them in using adjectives. Such an awesome idea!


Adjective flashcards are also provided in our writing center. This is one of a very interesting idea for my students to reflect on different adjectives as they read and use the illustrations to fully understand the meaning of a particular adjective. I am amazed to hear them using these adjectives to express their feelings and ideas. A treat for my heart.








This is one of the many writing samples of my students. The task was to write sentences using adjectives. They just loved this one.



We get technology support as well. These pages were flashed on our interactive board.




And it won't be complete without having fun with Adjectives using this online game.

The best part was when they got to think of adjectives that describe about themselves. Not only they reflected on who really they are, but they found pleasure in writing and telling others who they are using the adjectives. I randomly asked the students of some adjectives that best describe them and wrote them on the board. Really exciting! One of my favorite was when of my girls wrote SEXI (sexy) as her adjective. You see the developing of invented spelling in there!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment