Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Land Transportation ...and we all go travelling by

Transportation theme is one of my favorite themes in kindergarten.There are so much to do integrating to this theme. We divided this unit into three sub units which are land, water and air.  Land transportation theme  is limitless in its scope. Children initially learn about different sorts of land transport namely car, train, bus, truck, motorcycle, bicycle and the like. Songs from youtube with great animation have given more excitement to the kids. 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSw50Jw0H34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eSxrPzoZY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj_odhwo81s

 They also learn about the traffic rules, the use of traffic light and responsibility of the traffic men.The story of  "The Lonely Traffic Light" was read and used to integrate in to our writing workshop.Traffic simulation was set up. Kids pretended to be vehicles, a traffic officer, and  a traffic light. 

 The children were prompted to make a story using story prompts such as  "If I were a traffic light I will..." and " If I can drive, I will..."  Aside from story prompts, other writing experience were provided.






Most of all, our CAR WASH FRIDAY blew every kindergartener away. We prepared sponges, soap and water hose for this fun surprise. We borrowed some of the nice motorbikes of school staff to be washed by kids for free. The teachers were happy, the kids were thrilled. Oh, happy day:)!








 

I came to school wearing a quite tight dress. Everyone greeted me affirming how nice I looked in my dress.
A kindergarten girl ran up to me excitedly and exclaimed, "Miss Alpha!You have a big tummy! Do you have another baby?"

Girl: Ms. Alpha, I love you so much! I want to be a teacher like you.
Me: That's so sweet of you. And you want to be a teacher like me???Wow! Why do you want to be one?
Girl: Because you always wear make up!:)


Glitter Text Generator

No comments:

Post a Comment