Thursday, April 10, 2014

Liebster Award Nomination

                         

LIEBSTER AWARD NOMINATION!

                                 

                                        
Sarah Wegener at kindergartenalphabetsoup.blogspot.com nominated me for the Liebster Award!! 

Per the rules of the Liebster Award, below are some questions to answer about myself. 

1.  What grade do you teach? What grades have you taught? How long have you been teaching?
I teach  4-5 age group which we named as K2 here in our school. I experienced a year teaching Preparation to Grade 1. I also taught Nursery class and K1 class. I have been teaching since 2001:)

2. What book do you read to your class each year without fail? 
I adore Eric Carle- the legendary author and illustrator. The Very Hungry Caterpillar is always a hit in my class. It goes with our Life Cycle theme which is integrated with our Language Arts program.

3. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be doing? 
If I wasn't a teacher, I would be working one of the casts of Hi-5:) I love to entertain children through dancing, singing, and acting. And hey, I love their colorful and stylish outfits big time.:)

4. What's one thing you're just dying to buy for your classroom?

More manipulatives and arts and craft materials. It's hard to find and purchase craft materials around here.

5. What's your non-teaching guilty pleasure?
Shoes and dresses. Ugh! I can have all the closets for me to place them in:)

6. Favorite book that is not teaching related?
The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. Very inspiring and full of wisdom which I can use in my everyday endeavor. 

7. What's one thing on your bucket list?
Travel to Norway and see if I can tour around Europe from that point.

8. Favorite restaurant?
Hana Bbq Buffet. This is a local Vietnamese resto which offers luscious food. The best deal is, it's a barbecue buffet where you just stay in your table and order any thing in the menu and they will bring it right in front of you. You have your own grilling pot in the middle of your table and you do all the grilling. From shrimp, clam, shellfish, oysters, meat of all sorts, hot pot, pizza, pasta, dessert and more, you can enjoy it all. Now I feel like going there:)

9. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
Drew Barrymore who plays very fun and free-spirited roles which means someone who still smiles when things aren't going too well, taking a positive outlook on life and trying to make the most of it - her spirit isn't damped by little things in life. The roles she plays can perfectly portray me:)


10. What's one thing you could eat everyday?
Vietnamese noodle soup which comes in various kinds of noodles and unique tastes. 

11. What inspired you to begin blogging?
I actually wanted to try what blogging is all about. I am not a good writer but I like trying things and see how I can cope with it. I also like the idea of documenting and sharing what I do in the classroom. It feels great to show people outside my classroom what is happening within the four walls of my room.

Here are 11 random facts about myself! 

1. I am a party organizer.
2. I love loud colors. 
3. I refused to learn how to drive.
4. I am taking online Montessori course
5. I love shopping especially with my friends.
6. I usually ask my hubby for best style and fashion idea
7. I'm always busy and I love it
8. I can't forget to wear my make up
9.My hubby is also a teacher and that makes us really compatible
10. My dream to play the bass guitar remains a dream
11. I want to travel to Europe 

 Here are my nominees!!! 

Yay, Happy Sharing!!

                                                        Ms. Alpha




niftyinfirstgrade.blogspot.com


http://therazzledazzleclassroom.blogspot.com


http://oodlesofteachingfun.blogspot.com




http://kindercutie.blogspot.com


http://misslawskinders.blogspot.com



1 comment: